Here’s the coolest thing you can do with a hard-boiled egg: make a Dinosaur Deviled Egg! Of course, it’s great for Dinosaur Parties, but it’s also a fun way to liven up Easter eggs. Most people dye the shell, but you can color the actual egg. It’s easy and makes for a spectacular presentation. Don’t, worry; it’s completely safe to eat and always delicious. A feast for the eyes and mouth. What could be better?
How to Make Dinosaur Deviled Eggs
1. Hard boil eggs. Here’s a great tutorial for perfect eggs.
2. Gently crack eggs all around, but do not remove shell.
3. Color water with a few drops of dark food coloring and place your cooked eggs with cracked shells in it overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Gently peel off egg shells. Use a soup spoon to slide in between the shell membrane and the egg for a clean, fast peeling.
5. Your egg shells now look wonderful. Serve as deviled eggs within a few hours for best results. If these are made too far in advance, they tend to bleed out and lose a little of their wow factor.
Here's the coolest thing you can do with a hard-boiled egg: make a Dinosaur Deviled Egg! Click To Tweet