Here’s the coolest thing you can do with a hard-boiled egg: make a Dinosaur Devilled Egg!
It’s easy and makes for a spectacular presentation.
1. Hard boil eggs. Here’s a great tutorial for perfect eggs.
2. Gentle crack eggs all around, but do not remove shell.
3. Color water with a dark food coloring and place your cooked eggs with cracked shells in it overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Gently peel off egg shells. I just learned that using a soup spoon to gently slide in between the shell membrane and the eggs makes for a clean, fast project.
5. Your egg shells now look wonderful. Serve as devilled eggs within a few hours for best results. If these are made too far in advance, they tend to bleed out and lose a little of their wow factor.