Caprese salad is a must for summer cooking, so why not take advantage of the farmer’s market’s gorgeous heirloom tomatoes to add some color and fun to the salad everyone loves. Be sure not to refrigerate them or they will lose their texture and flavor.
- heirloom tomatoes, any size
- fresh buffalo mozzarella
- a few springs of fresh basil
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Chop or slice tomatoes into similar sized pieces.
- Chop or slice cheese to similar size.
- Tear fresh basil leave and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt just before serving. If you salt them earlier, their juices will run. Enjoy.