Gingered Lentil Sprouts Stir Fry is a perfect healthy meal for a busy weeknight. It’s a vegan recipe that’s high in protein, vitamins and enzymes. This stir fry is jam-packed with superfoods like sprouted lentils, ginger, broccoli, garlic and red peppers. Feel free to swap out vegetable favorites, just be sure to cut them into small pieces. Carrots and shitake mushrooms would be lovely. It’s one of those meals that leaves your body feeling vital and full of energy. But the main reason you should try it is because it’s delicious. Bold Asian flavors pack quite a punch and the veggies have a nice crunch to them. Serve Gingered Lentil Sprouts Stir Fry with either rice noodles or brown rice cooked in coconut milk.
You can make your very own lentil sprouts for this recipe. It’s super easy and only takes three days. Kids love watching the lentil transform into sprouts which gets them excited to eat their veggies. I think it’s pretty fun to see it as a grown-up too!
- ½ red pepper, cut to a small dice
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 large clove of garlic (or 2 small), minced
- 1- 1½ Tbs minced ginger (no need to peel)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups lentil spouts
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Heat a wok or a large frying pan over a medium high flame. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add red pepper. Season with a pinch of sea salt. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and another pinch of sea salt. Saute for 1 minute. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add lentil sprouts and another pinch of sea salt. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add sesame oil. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve hot with rice or rice noodles