Did the name of this recipe tempt you? From the moment I first tasted pistachio oil, I’ve been dying to celebrate it. One of my favorite things is to drizzle it onto a piece of homemade Artisan Bread and savor every morsel. For Easter brunch I decided to share this treat in a very simple salad fit for the Easter Bunny himself. Most of my recipes use regular ingredients, but sometimes it’s just nice to splurge. This recipe uses Himalayan sea salt, but you could use a different kind (perhaps fleur de sel). Dress it yourself or let guests experiment on their own
- 1 head of leafy green lettuce (Butter lettuce would be lovely.)
- 2-3 carrots, peeled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- generous handful of shelled pistachio nuts
- lemon wedges
- Himalayan sea salt
- Wash and spin dry your lettuce. Tear into bite-sized piece. Arrange on a platter.
- Get a bowl of ice water. Peel carrots, shape them into curls and plunge them in the cold water for a few minutes to help the curling. Scatter carrot curls and green onions over lettuce. Drizzle pistachio oil and squirt with lemon juice. Shave sea salt and crack black pepper over salad.